The Iyengar Yoga Studio
Our beautiful yoga studio was designed by Dean Hawkes and is dedicated to Iyengar yoga. We have been teaching students in and around East Finchley since January 2007 and offer classes to meet every need and level of experience.
Face-to-face teaching at the Studio is suspended currently because of COVID19, but our online classes, delivered using Zoom technology, are friendly, personalised and affordable. If you haven’t been to classes with us before and would like to find out more, email us at email@example.com and include your phone number so we can give you a call. The list of online classes shown on this page is evolving constantly, so keep an eye out for developments.
The Iyengar Yoga Studio is an Affiliated Centre of the Iyengar Yoga Association UK and every teacher is a fully certified Association member. For more details about teachers at the Studio click here.
Six week Foundation course
A six week introductory course for people new to Iyengar yoga begins this month on Sunday 20 September. Sessions will begin at midday (12.00) and last for an hour. They will be conducted ‘live’ at the Studio for a maximum of 6 people. The price for the course is £75.00 and includes a new yoga mat and yoga belt. Please contact us for further information and to book a place: firstname.lastname@example.org. We have detailed measures in place to reduce the risk of virus transmission, which you can see here: http://www.tiys.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Safety-measures-student-notice-1.pdf
‘Live’ teaching at the Studio
Face-to-face teaching at the Studio will resume from the middle of September, but only for a few classes in the first instance and with small class sizes (beginning with a maximum of 6). If things go well, we may extend it to more classes later into the autumn. More details in due course. Meanwhile online (Zoom) classes will continue as usual and for the foreseeable future.
A summary of the online classes currently on offer is given below. If you are interested in attending any of these please email email@example.com, or contact the teacher directly using the details given on the ‘teachers’ page.
- Mon 9.30am (General – Patsy 90 mins)
- Mon 6.00pm (General – Kate 90 mins)
- Mon 8.00pm (Beginners – Gene 60 mins)
- Tues 9.30am (General/beginners – Wendy 60 mins)
- Tues 11.00am (Therapy – Patsy 90 mins)
- Tues 6.15pm (Beginners – Gene 60 mins)
- Tues 8.00pm (General – Wendy 90 mins)
- Wed 9.30am (General/beginners – Wendy 60 mins)
- Wed 11.00am (Intermediate – Patsy 120 mins)
- Thurs 9.30am (General – Tessa 90 mins)
- Thurs 11.30am (Gentle/post therapy – Tessa 90 mins)
- Thurs 6.15 (Beginners/general – Nita 90 mins)
- Fri 9.30am (General – Patsy 90 minutes)
- Sat 9.30am (General – Wendy 90 mins)
- Sat 11.30am (Beginners – Wendy 75 mins)
- Sun 10.00am (Sunday class – Gene 75 mins)
Disclaimer: Please note that students taking online classes assume responsibility for any risks injuries or damages known or unknown which they may incur as a result.