The Iyengar Yoga Studio
The Iyengar Yoga Studio has been a centre for yoga in East Finchley since it was opened on 1 January 2007 by teachers Patsy Sparksman, Gene Wilcox and Wendy Sykes. Classes are conducted in a building designed by award winning architect Dean Hawkes and dedicated to Iyengar yoga.
The studio offers classes to suit all levels of experience, as well as therapy classes and a session for younger people aged 13-18. Mats and other equipment are supplied, so there is no need to bring your own.
The Iyengar Yoga Studio is an Affiliated Centre of the Iyengar Yoga Association UK and every teacher is a fully certified Association member. For more details about teachers at the Studio click here.
ONLINE CLASSES FROM 23 MARCH
We are now running a slightly reduced timetable of online classes for students who normally attend the Studio. Unfortunately teachers are not insured to teach online anyone who has not attended at least one of their classes in person.
If you normally attend one of these classes we will write to you and invite you to take part. If you don’t hear from a teacher, get in touch on email@example.com.
The following classes are running – the line up may change over time. The first classes will be taught from teachers’ homes, but once the technology is in place we will be able to deliver them from the Studio.
- Monday 9.30am (General with Patsy)
- Monday 6.00pm (General with Kate)
- Monday 8.00pm (Beginners with Gene)
- Tuesday 9.30am (General and beginners with Wendy)
- Tuesday 6.15pm (Beginners with Gene)
- Tuesday 8.00pm (General with Wendy)
- Wednesday 9.30am (Gentle/general and beginners Wendy for Fran)
- Wednesday 11.00am (Intermediate with Patsy)
- Thursday 9.30am (General with Tessa)
- Thursday 11.30am (Gentle/post therapy with Tessa)
- Thursday 6.15 (Beginners and general with Nita (from 2 April)
- Friday 9.30am (General with Patsy)
- Saturday 9.30am (General with Wendy)
- Saturday 11.30am (Beginners with Wendy)
- Sunday 10.00am (Sunday class with Gene)
We are looking forward to being back in contact and seeing how together we can best get through these strange and difficult times. Much love from all of us at The Studio.
Please note that students taking online classes assume responsibility for any risks injuries or damages known or unknown which they may incur as a result.